Harness Product Update | January 2021
Read about the latest and greatest from Harness for the month of January 2021.
The holidays provided some much needed downtime and relaxation - but we’re back at it, and hoo boy, we’ve been busy in January! Not only did we announce our Series C funding, but we’re now a proud, shiny, newly-minted unicorn - and Captain Canary got all dressed up for it. As for product updates, read on below to see what we’ve been up to.
Cloud Cost Management - Make Disk Utilization Part of Your Kubernetes Recommendations
Prior it January, Harness already included the CPU and memory metrics in its considerations for your Kubernetes recommendations, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. This month, Harness released functionality that now pulls in disk utilization as well. You'll be able to see how idle and unallocated storage costs are impacting your cloud bill in the same way that you can with CPU and memory. Right size your Kubernetes storage using the data and recommendations from Harness.
Cloud Cost Management - Avoid Surprises on Your Cloud Bill with Anomaly Detection
With Harness Cloud Cost Management, you can now remove the toil of manually looking for unexpected cost spikes in your hourly, daily, or weekly cost data with ML-powered anomaly detection. You’ll automatically receive alerts when anomalous cost spikes occur, with details of what caused the spike, so you can instantly remedy the issue before it balloons into an end-of-month problem. Anomaly detection is fully automated for all kinds of time series and captures seasonal patterns, and allows for user feedback to help train the model for your specific deployments.
Cloud Cost Management - Make Your Cloud Costs More Predictable with Budgets and Forecasts
You’re probably looking at your relevant set of Perspectives in Harness to stay on top of your cloud costs. Now, you can also add budget constraints to Perspectives to help create more predictability in your spending. Once you add a budget for a Perspective, you can customize at which cost thresholds you want to be alerted so you can make sure you don’t blow through your budget faster than you had planned. As Harness learns your cost patterns, it’ll even help you forecast your spend versus your budget so you can be a cloud cost wizard. Never struggle to stay on top of your budget vs. actual again!
Continuous Delivery - Deployment Freeze
Harness CD now allows development teams to schedule Deployment Freezes. Companies schedule deployment freezes, otherwise known as deployment blackout windows, at times of high volume and during business critical events. Examples include: retailers pausing deployments during black friday sales, finance firms foregoing deployments around the holidays, software companies pausing deployments during large demos, and Google shutting down deployments for the entire month of December. Deployment Freezes allow managers to safeguard application uptime and mitigate revenue impact.
Harness - Safari Support
Harness now supports Safari as a web browser to use the product.
Notable Mentions in the Press
Harness has been in the press in the month of January. Here’s the scoop.
- TechCrunch highlights our Series C funding announcement, along with our $1.7 billion valuation.
- Cheddar interviews our Co-Founder & CEO, Jyoti Bansal, on our recent valuation and funding round. Watch the video!
- Harness Evangelist Ravi Lachhman writes for The Enterprisers Project for an article on the 10 top DevOps engineer interview questions for 2021.
- Harness Evangelist Tiffany Jachja writes for DevOps.com on security vulnerability management and The Enterprisers Project on how to plan diverse and inclusive virtual events.
Upcoming Virtual Events
- Common CI/CD Problems and How To Avoid Them in 2021 -Jan 27th, 2021 https://harness.io/webinar-how-to-avoid-common-ci-cd-problems
- NADOG - Feb 10th, 2021 - https://nadog.com/events/
- Developer Week - Feb 17th - 20th, 2021 - https://www.developerweek.com
- Securing CI/CD Pipelines with Hashicorp & Harness - Feb 18th, 2021 https://harness.io/webinar-hashi-harness-ci-cd-security/
- SkilUp Day - Cloud Native and Serverless - Feb 25th, 2021 - https://devopsinstitute.com/cns-2021/
- SkilUp Day - Value Stream Management - March 18th, 2021 - Coming soon
Great things happened in January: Betty White turned 99. COVID cases started to drop. Bison have returned to Montana’s Flathead Reservation. SpaceX’s last rocket set a record. And in Harness’ world? Plenty of great things happening here too - here’s what’s coming soon:
- So much Azure: CD/CE coming to an Azure near you in March!
- Drone 2.0: Expect it near Valentine’s day.